|Degrees Offered: M.Tech., M.Sc. (Engg) and Ph.D.
Thin Film instrumentation and Devices: Thin film processing techniques; characterization; optical device fabrication;
Thin Film/ MEMS based sensor development.
Analytical Instrumentation: High-Pressure instrumentation; electrical switching investigations; Thermal wave
spectroscopy; Mass spectroscopy, Fiber Bragg grating Sensors, Phase change Memories.
Medical imaging: Computerized Tomography (CT), Optical tomography for cancer detection, Quantitative flow
diagnosis, Elastography for visco-elastic property mapping in tissue, image processing including deblurring and
Solar energy and Thermal Instrumentation: Fabrication and characterization of solar cell; electrical and thermal
contact resistance measurement.
Bio-medical instrumentation: Bio-sensors, Cardiac impedance analyzer.
Optical Engineering and Laser Instrumentation: Coherent optics; laser modification of surfaces; characterization
of optical devices.
Programming Languages : C, C++
Software Packages : Labview, Lab Windows, Visual DSP++,Altera MaxPlus II, Xilinx, OrCAD, T-Spice, P-Spice, Matlab
Operating System : Unix / Linux, Windows platforms.
- Digital Signal Processing
- Optical Engineering and Laser Instrumentation
- Digital Design for Instrumentation
- Micro Systems-Materials, Processes and Devices
- Digital Controller Design
- Probability and Statistical methods in Engineering
- Plasma Processes
- Automatic System Control Engineering
- Thinfilm Deposition and Characterization
- Process Instrumentation Control
- Geometry for Instrumentation and Engineering
- Analytical Instrumentation
- Transducers and Measurement Techniques
- Microcontrollers and Applications
- Microelectronic Devices & Applications
- Principles of Tomographic Imaging
- Special Purpose Instrumentation
- DSP Laboratory
- Thin Film Devices and Applications
- High-Vacuum Technology and applications
- Instrumentation for Energy Conservation and
- FTNMR Instrumentation: Principles and Practices